We have created a list of links to help members who may need to get in touch with their local council or local community voluntary councils.
They will be able to provide you with information about different kinds of support that is available for you in your local area. Follow the links below to find contact details.
All information was gathered from each organisation’s website and is believed to be correct at the time of publishing (27.03.20)
Local Authorities (Councils)
Your local council can provide information on social services, education, bin collections and much more.
- Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Blaenau Gwent)
- Bridgend County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr)
- Caerphilly County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Caerffili)
- Cardiff Council (Cyngor Caerdydd)
- Carmarthenshire County Council (Cyngor Sir Gaerfyrddin)
- Ceredigion County Council (Cyngor Sir Ceredigion)
- Conwy County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Conwy)
- Denbighshire County Council (Cyngor Sir Ddinbych)
- Flintshire County Council (Cyngor Sir y Fflint)
- Gwynedd Council (Cyngor Sir Gwynedd)
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Merthyr Tudful)
- Monmouthshire County Council (Cyngor Sir Fynwy)
- Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Castell-nedd Port Talbot)
- Newport City Council (Cyngor Dinas Casnewydd)
- Pembrokeshire County Council (Cyngor Sir Penfro)
- Powys County Council (Cyngor Sir Powys)
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Rhondda Cynon Taf)
- City and County of Swansea (Cyngor Sir a Dinas Abertawe)
- The Vale of Glamorgan County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Bro Morgannwg)
- Torfaen County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Torfaen)
- Wrexham County Borough Council (Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Wrecsam)
Community Voluntary Councils (CVC)
Your local CVC can let you know about community-based services and support such as help to get your shopping, food banks, advice and advocacy schemes and befriending services. If you would like to become a volunteer, they can let you know what opportunities there are.
Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport
- GAVO https://www.gavo.org.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel:Need to visit website
Collecting resources for Community Groups, Parents and individuals which can be found by visiting their website.
- BAVO https://www.bavo.org.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01656 810400
Whilst our offices are closed to the public, we are still working hard and are contactable by video, email and phone.
BAVO leading on coordinating a community response to COVID-19 in Bridgend County Borough
BAVO has been asked to lead on coordinating a community response to COVID-19 in Bridgend County Borough, working with voluntary and community groups and the volunteer centre and connecting people that need support to assets in their local community.
There are a number of links on the BAVO website covering in a wide range of useful information for those living in Bridgend.
- Cardiff Third Sector Council https://www.c3sc.org.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (029) 2048 5722
Links available on the website:
- Availability of Supplies for Voluntary Organisations Carrying Out Vital Roles
- UK Government in Wales: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Bulletin … Supermarkets, Takeaways and Delivery Services (Updated 25 March 2020)
- Useful resources Covid-19 (Released on 24.3.2020)
- Corporate Procurement / Caffael Corfforaethol
- Covid 19 Group Model Volunteer Agreement
- The Coronavirus Bill – Mental Health…
- Coronavirus and Claiming Benefits…
- COVID-19 updates and guidance from WCVA
- Public Health Wales statement on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak…
- A Message from Our CEO – On The Impact of The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak On Our Services…
- Coronavirus outbreak…
- Covid-19 advice translated into other languages
- Carmarthenshire Association of Voluntary Services http://www.cavs.org.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01267 245555
Carmarthenshire County Council and CAVS are working together to provide guidance for communities who want to come together during this time
Links on the CAVS website Coronavirus information:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- Carmarthenshire County Council Guidance
- SCOPE information for Disabled people
- RNIB COVID-19 FAQs
- Sign up here for COVID-19 daily updates for news relevant to voluntary sector in Wales.
- Support from Welsh Government for the third sector and charities
Coronavirus related Scams
Meal Delivery, Shopping, Medication collection, general support during COVID 19 outbreak (thanks to Susan Smith)
- Carmarthenshire County Council – Community Support
- ‘Looking Out for Each Other’ campaign in Wales
- Help in Newcastle Emlyn Area (from HUTS)
- infoengine – COVID-19 Community Support services
- CAVS website other COVID-19 posts
- 10 ways to help others Positive News
- Funder responses in light of the Covid-19 virus
- Funding.cymru now has ‘Coronavirus’ as a searchable category to help you find funding to help with the effects of COVID-19
- Neighbourly Community Fund
- Ceredigion Assoc of Voluntary Organisations: http://www.cavo.org.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01570 423232
There are a number of links on CAVSO’s website:
- Coronavirus: All of our relevant content in one place
- Coronavirus: Digital Fundraising Advice
- Coronavirus: The tech you need to work from home.
- Community & Voluntary Support Conwy https://www.cvsc.org.uk/en/
- Email: through the website
- Tel: 01492 534091
For enquiries regarding Health, Social Care & Well Being Information: Ann 01492 523849, Geraint 01492 523850
For anything else: 01492 534091
CVSC COVID 19 Response and how we can help
In response to Coronavirus and its impact on volunteering and the work of charitable and non-profit organisations along the North Wales coast and in rural parts of Conwy and Denbighshire, Wendy Jones Chief Officer of CVSC joins me to talk about the emergency grant funds which are now becoming available.
Thanks to the quick action of Innogy Renewables, the organisation behind the Gwynt-y-Mor and Clocaenog Forest Community Funds and CVSC, an immediate response fund has been set up.
Grants are available to help volunteering at this difficult time and also provide financial help to promote projects that can provide a lifeline to communities, in particular vulnerable people and the elderly who may have difficulty coping with isolation and maintaining their day-to-day lives.
- Denbighshire Voluntary Service Council https://www.dvsc.co.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01824 702 441
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE DOING
In a climate where fear is spreading fast, we want to spread a message of kindness, hope and community spirit.
We are heartened by the voluntary action and community spirit through Denbighshire and elsewhere that we are already seeing.
We have set up a #COVID19 Volunteer Community Response, working with our local statutory partners, Third Sector Support Wales partners and Welsh Government. All our resource is focused on mobilising and catalysing community action.
Please share your plans or information that you are aware of with us so we can act as the coordinating hub and guide people to resources and networks close to them. To ensure we collate all necessary information, can you please fill in the form on the link below.
There are a number of links on the website offering support, advice and information.
- Flintshire Local Voluntary Council https://www.flvc.org.uk/en/
- Email: through the website
- Tel: 01352 744000
Impacted by the virus, or want to volunteer in support of those that are? For updates about our part in the pandemic response click here, then **scroll down** if viewing on a mobile device
- Website: https://mantellgwynedd.com
- Registered Office CAERNARFON: 01286 672626
- Email: email@example.com
- DOLGELLAU Office: 01341 422575 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mantell Gwynedd has a range of advice, support and guidance on their News section on the website.
Isle of Anglesey
- Medrwn Mon Supporting Volunteers, Voluntary and Community Groups on Anglesey https://en.medrwnmon.org/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01248 724944
Visit website for information
- Voluntary Action Merthyr https://vamt.net/en/coronavirus/.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01685 353900
Actively encouraging people who wish to volunteer, together with local organisations who need new volunteers to register on the Volunteering Wales database https://merthyrtydfil.volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/index.htm
This will hopefully enable us to match volunteers with organisations as seamlessly as possible. Alternatively, contact Frances Barry on email@example.com or ring 01685 353901
Services you can provide – we’re actively publicising and creating an internal database of what services can be provided in communities, from dog walking, shopping, running errands to telephone befriending schemes to minimise isolation. If there is something you’d like us to promote and to add to our database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01685 353917.
VAMT’s Volunteer Centre also now has an Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/volunteermerthyr/ with which we hope to attract younger people who wish to volunteer.
- Guidelines and information for local community / good neighbour schemes
- Help and Support Services List – as at 25th March 2020 (Updated Regularly)
- Good Neighbour Cards
- Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Covid-19 Groups – Guide to Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Groups – Model Volunteer Agreement
- GDPR Information
Neath Port Talbot
- Neath Port Talbot Community Voluntary Serv https://www.nptcvs.wales/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01639 631246
NPTCVS provide a daily Covid 19 briefing via the website: https://www.nptcvs.wales/category/daily-covid-19-briefing/
- Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services https://www.pavs.org.uk/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01437 769422 between 10am and 2pm each day.
- Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations https://www.pavo.org
- Email: through website
- Tel: Llandrindod Wells Office 01597 822 191
- Tel: Newtown Office 01686 626 220
The website offers links to the following:
Third Sector Coronavirus Support
Latest information from the Powys Community Sector Emergency Response Team
C-Sert a multi-sector partnership comprising key personnel from PAVO, Powys County Council, Powys Teaching Health Board and the wider voluntary sector
They have been established to coordinate voluntary and community response during the COVID-19 emergency.
Rhondda Cynon Taff
- Interlink: https://www.interlinkrct.org.uk
- Tel:01443 846200
Interlink has produced a list of community resources providing services throughout Rhondda Cynon Taff in relation to COVID –19. The list will be updated on a daily basis. Please click here for the list of resources.
- Swansea Council for Voluntary Services https://www.scvs.org.uk/
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01792 544000
As the situation around the Coronavirus pandemic evolves, the SCVS Team has restructured to make sure they can support organisations (new and long-standing), the wonderful people of Swansea who want to offer their help, and individuals who are struggling at this very difficult time for us all.
Please use the links below to find out how we’ll support you at this time – and if there is anything you’re unsure of, or can’t find here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our very best to help.
- Volunteering – Community Volunteering during Coronavirus
- Individuals – How we can help individuals during Coronavirus
- Third Sector Organisations – Information, Resources and Support for the Third Sector
- Torfaen Voluntary Alliance https://tvawales.org.uk/
- Email: through the website
- Tel: 01495 742420
Torfaen provide a daily Covid 19 news via the website:
Vale of Glamorgan
- Glamorgan Voluntary Services https://www.gvs.wales/
- Email: through the website
- Tel: 01446 741706
Directory of Third Sector Services for the Vale of Glamorgan COVID-19
- Association of Voluntary Organisation Wrexham https://avow.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01978 312556
These are potentially difficult times for many older people, especially those living alone who may not have anyone to share their concerns. Others may just want to have a chat about what they saw on television last night. Hopefully, this initiative will help older people cope with some of the challenges arising from the Coronavirus outbreak.
Anyone over 70 in Wales can register free of charge, to receive a regular telephone call in either English or Welsh. All you have to do is call Age Cymru Advice on 08000 223 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website https://www.ageuk.org.uk/cymru/information-advice/age-cymru-advice/check-in-and-chat/