‘Shaping Our Lives & Communities, Planning Together’ is a project covering the Bridgend County Borough (BCB) area of South Wales. The people best placed to advise on the design of inclusive services are Disabled People themselves living in the County Borough. This project aims to deliver a bespoke training package in order to give the power, and to provide the necessary tools, for disabled people to achieve these goals.
This project aims to build the capacity of disabled people who live or work in BCB to:
- Understand what disability equality means in practice
- Learn how to engage effectively with public bodies to promote inclusion of disabled people
- Understand the commissioning process
- Inform and influence local policy and service delivery to improve provision
- Widen the network of empowered and active disability campaigners across the borough.
The project is a partnership venture between a local group of disabled people and two national disability organisations, referred to as ‘the partners’ and/or ‘the partnership’:
- Bridgend Coalition of Disabled People (BCDP)
- Disability Wales (DW)
- Wales Council for the Blind (WCB)
For further information about this project, please contact Cathy Rogers email@example.com or 07814 209472 (Mon – Wed)