Learning Disability Wales – Annual Conference.
“I belong” will look at how children, young people and adults are included in their communities, what they can give to their communities and how they benefit from inclusion.
It could include:
- Community presence
- Visibility in their community
- Nothing about us without us
- Access to community resources and services
Examples of content could include:
- Individuals or groups who have developed a true community presence – how it was achieved, benefits to the individual and community.
- Individuals or groups that have made a difference to their community / Wales. How it was achieved and what people have learnt or how they have benefited.
- Social Enterprises and Co-operatives.
- How service providers can work to ensure the people they support have a visible and valued role in their communities.
- How people are included in decisions that affect themselves, their communities etc.
- What are the basis of people’s rights to be included – UN Conventions, EU, UK and Welsh law.
Learning Disability Wales would love to hear your ideas about what you would like to see at the conference and how you, your group or organisation feel you can contribute.
You can share your work in many ways including:
- Giving a presentation
- Sharing your stories
- Running a workshop
- Showing a film you have made
- Performing a drama or singing a song.
The conference will be taking place on 29 and 30 November 2016 in Nantgarw, South Wales.
You can find more information on their website.