Disability Wales is the national association of disabled people’s organisations in Wales. We strive for the rights, equality and independence or all disabled people.
What do we do?
- We develop and support the work of organisations led by disabled people
- We advocate the views, priorities and interests of our members
- We influence policy and decision makers at all levels
- We develop and deliver services that benefit disabled people
Benefits of becoming a member of Disability Wales include:
- Access to members bursary scheme
- Monthly EDW News
- Consultation events and briefings
- Access to the membership section of the Disability Wales website
- Training and networking opportunities
- Group development sessions
- Campaign events and support packs
- Focus groups, events and seminars
- Annual conference and general meeting
- Participation in discussion panels and task groups on disabled peoples issues
- Join others on the Disability Wales Face book page
- Who can join Disability Wales?
Membership of Disability Wales is open to all organisations & individuals who support the aims & objectives of the organisation.
We have 5 types of membership:
Individual Disabled Members Free
Individual Supporters £ 10.00
Disabled People’s Organisations Free
(Constitution must state that 51% of members and management committee
self-define as disabled people (51% rule)
Other Disability Groups £ 40.00
(Disability groups and organisations whose constitution does not meet the 51% rule)
Statutory, Professional and Third Sector Organisations £100.00