Disability Wales (DW) is the national association of Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) striving to achieve rights, equality and independent living of disabled people in Wales.
What do we do?
- We develop and support the work of organisations led by disabled people
- We advocate the views, priorities and interests of our members
- We influence policy and decision makers at all levels
- We develop and deliver services that benefit disabled people
Benefits of becoming a member of Disability Wales include:
- Shows your support for our work
- Access to members’ bursary scheme
- Monthly e-News
- Consultation events and briefings
- Training and networking opportunities
- Group development sessions
- Campaign events and support packs
- Focus groups, events and seminars
- Annual conference and general meeting
- Participation in discussion panels and task groups on disabled peoples issues
- Join others on the Disability Wales Face book page
Who can join Disability Wales?
Membership of Disability Wales is open to all organisations and individuals who support the aims and objectives of the organisation.
We have 5 types of membership:
To be a DPO, your constitution must state that 51% of members and management committee self-define as disabled people (51% rule)
This includes disability groups and organisations whose constitution does not meet the 51% rule. If you are not sure, please contact us for advice.
All forms of membership inform and support the vital work we do to promote the rights of disabled people in Wales.