Getting your organisation ready
- The PIP Toolkit for support organisations (gov.uk/dwp/pip-toolkit) contains quick guides, factsheets about PIP, examples of the letters and forms we’ll use, and alternative formats. Adapt these to your own guidance or communications.
- The information for specific groups in the toolkit contains tailored communications and guidance that you can use with your own people and to help support claimants.
- Email us at email@example.com – we can offer advice or help with tailoring materials for you.
- A DWP Partner Manager may be able to meet your teams face-to-face to talk about the new benefit. If you are not already in contact with a local DWP Partner Manager you can find their contact details at gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-partnerships.
- The DWP reform communications toolkit is available to explain the context behind the reforms and provide an overview of all the changes that DWP will deliver over the next few years: gov.uk/government/publications/welfare-reform-communications-toolkit.
- The Universal Credit toolkit can help you explain in work and out of work benefit changes to claimants: gov.uk/universal-credit-toolkit-for-partner-organisations.
Information for the people you support
- Claimants can phone for help and support with PIP on 0845 850 3322 (textphone 0845 601 6677) from Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. More information about how to make a claim to PIP is available in the leaflet.
- Consider also providing information about Access to Work – grants to help pay for practical support so people with a disability, health or mental health condition can do their job: gov.uk/access-to-work
PIP and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) forms and leaflets
- Order a stock of the new PIP leaflet and updated versions of other Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) leaflets. You can order up to 50 at a time by calling the DWP Information Line on 0845 731 3233 (line open weekdays from 9am to 5pm). If you need larger stocks, visit www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/catalogue-of-information.
- Please display the new PIP leaflets (code DWP041 or DWP041w).
- Please stop issuing the old DLA leaflet – code DWP016 or DWP016w. You can still use the DLA for children leaflet – DWP013 or DWP013w.
- Please stop issuing ‘DLA 1A Adult’ and ‘DLA 1 Adult’ forms. Remember that new claims to PIP are started over the phone by calling 0800 917 2222 (textphone 0800 917 7777). Using old DLA forms could delay a new claim. You can still use DLA forms for children.