Great news, we have achieved our Level 4 Green Dragon Award
Green Dragon is a stepped Standard recognising effective environmental
management. The Standard offers an environmental management system relevant to the specific needs of companies and organisations and rewards actions taken to achieve environmental improvements.
In order to achieve Level Four, an applicant must have achieved all the requirements of Levels One, Two and Three in addition to the requirements set down in Level Four itself.
- Training: Training needs related to identified environmental aspects, environmental management system (EMS) requirements and commitments within the environmental policy should be assessed by the organisation.
- Environmental Manual: An Environmental Manual document should be produced to provide a brief overview of elements within the EMS.
- Control of Documents: The organisation should establish a procedure to ensure that documents and records relating to the EMS are controlled, so that correct information can be accessed by the relevant personnel.
- System Procedures: Documented procedures should be developed to address legal requirements and compliance, environmental impacts, training needs, progress and performance, data and records, elements of the EMS and communication.
- System Monitoring: Methods and indicators should be established by the organisation to measure, track and determine the EMS, allocating responsibilities for identifying, correcting and preventing problems relating to the performance and effectiveness of the EMS.
- Carbon Dioxide Data Collection: The organisation should also monitor and maintain data on carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from indirect transport requirements, it should also calculate and report on its total energy and transport CO2 emissions on an annual basis, within the Environmental Statement.