Disability Rights UK is running a Disability Confidence training course at their London office on 21st September 2015. This highly-acclaimed course has been developed over several years by expert trainers and has received cross-sector acclaim.
This is an ideal course for HR professionals or individuals who have management or leadership roles. It will focus mainly on increasing awareness and knowledge about supporting disabled people as staff members, volunteers or people gaining work experience.
Their courses are designed and delivered by people with lived experience of disability to help improve not only the implementation of legal obligations but also staff and customer relations. Creating an open and fair environment where all employees are valued is good for morale and enabling all employees to work to their full potential creates greater efficiencies.
Their course covers:
- Myths and misconceptions about disability
- Equality legislation and its effects on business (including reasonable adjustments)
- Communication and appropriate language
- The business case for equality
- Developing the leadership potential of your disabled staff
- The different models of disability
The cost of the full-day course is £99 +VAT per person. If you or someone you know would like to register interest in this or a future course, or to request further information, please contact Natasha Fagelman at firstname.lastname@example.org