Disability Wales influences policy development at local, national and international level on various policy initiatives, which affect the lives of disabled people for example, employment & skills; health & social care; transport; housing and more.
As well as external policy work Disability Wales produces policies on specific issues. These outline the organisations views on a specific subject matter and further demands for equality. All internal policies are written in consultation with our members and agreed at AGM.
The following policies have been published and they are available to download under the resources section on this page:
- The Social Model of Disability
- Independent Living - equipment services
- Independent Living - personal assistance
- Independent Living - assessment criteria
- Self Directed Support - individualised budgets
- Accessible Housing
- Equal Access within the Built Environment
- Multiple Discrimination & Identity
- Welfare Reform
- Enviromental Policy