A well known media spokesperson Simon is an elected Director of DW. As a passionate advocate for disability rights, Simon has influenced significant improvements for disabled people in Bridgend. He played a role in putting disability hate crime on the agenda with a BBC documentary and continues to campaign for stronger action against perpetrators of hate crime.
In addition to his role as Chair of Bridgend Coalition of Disabled People, Simon is also involved with:
- Wales Diversity Awards, as a founder member
- Coordinator with the Disability Hate Crime Network
- Trustee with Talking Flight Theatre Group
- Member of ITV Wales Diversity Group
- Scrutiny panel with CPS and adviser on dealing with Disability Hate Crime
- Bridgend Equality Forum
- Bridgend Community Cohesion Group
Simon is possibly the biggest supporter of the Bridgend Ravens, even turning up on the First Minister’s doorstep for a good luck selfie before a big game.